Thursday, August 13, 2009

Health Care - Spread the News

There are so many angles to take. The challenge is to not become so longwinded in my writing that the message gets lost. Why am I against Universal Health Care in this country? Am I evil? Do I lack compassion for others? Am I, as Nancy Pelosi said, “un-American?” No, I just believe that Obama-care will financially be a gigantic failure. With the Medicare insurance trust fund on track to be insolvent by 2019 and Social Security projecting to run in a deficit within 11 years and bankrupt by 2037, why should I think differently about any government run health care program? Add to this that the United States national debt is larger than it has ever been, yet Obama has set aside $634 billion as a “down payment” on his health care program. Many estimate that the true cost of the plan will reach $1.5 trillion. This type of spending cannot be sustained without severe economic consequences. When we are in an economic crisis and the health care program cannot be fully funded, cuts will have to be made. Suddenly our government officials will be in the position of having to decide how to allocate these scarce resources. Do you trust them to make these decisions?

Let’s play my favorite game of “Six-degrees of Barack Obama.” The President’s Health Advisor is Ezekiel Emanuel. Zeek, as his friends call him, developed the Complete Lives System (CLS) for determining how to allocate health services. When implemented, the CLS produces a priority curve on which individuals aged between roughly 15 and 40 years get the most substantial chance, whereas the youngest and oldest people get chances that are attenuated. Within the CLS lies the idea of the youngest-first principle. Essentially, adolescents and young adults gain priority over infants in receiving health services. The belief is that through education and parental care, too big of an investment has been made in adolescents and young adults to not see them live a complete life. Infants, on the other hand, have not received these investments and have not yet earned “complete life” status. I guarantee to you that old Zeek will have a seat at the picnic table when Barack and his advisors discuss, over beer, how to allocate scarce health resources.

John Holdren works with Emanuel and Obama as the President’s Science Czar. In 1977 Holdren co-authored Ecoscience which discusses government control over population growth. In this book it is argued that there is nothing wrong with the government dictating family size. Holdren aks, “Why should the law not be able to prevent a person from having more than two children?” This prevention would include forced abortions and mass sterilization through drugs placed in the country’s water supply. Farfetched? Maybe, but Holdren said it, not me. Holdren is a man that believes neither my newborn child, nor my two-year old have reached “human” status yet. He feels that only after receiving proper socializing skills and nourishment during the years after birth can a “fetus” ultimately develop into a human being. John, how you can hold a newborn in your arms and not believe they are worthy of life is PURE EVIL! It is despicable that Obama surrounds himself with such a man.

I’m getting sick to my stomach, so let’s wrap this game up. Holdren and his mass sterilization buddies are good friends with Cass Sunstein, who serves as Obama’s regulatory czar. What? How many damn czars do we need? Anyway, simply put Sunstein’s job is to make regulations that will keep the country pointed in the right direction. This “right direction” is determined by the government because, as Sunstein firmly believes, we are simply too stupid to make our own decisions. This direction is being influenced by, as I already said, Holdren. It is also being heavily influenced by Sunstein’s good friend Peter Singer. Singer believes in the Complete Lives System and views the very young and old as expendable. His belief is that a baby should be able to be aborted 20 days AFTER birth.

I am not trying to create a panic. Maybe I am crazy. However, when anyone disregards the lives of my two children, I get angry and I start to pay attention. During the presidential election Barack Obama told us to look at the people he associates himself with, because they will help shape his ideas when he is in the White House. In relation to health care, he has surrounded himself with individuals like Ezekiel Emanuel, John Holdren, Cass Sunstein, and Peter Singer. When the government cannot fund Obama’s Universal Health Care plan and we are in an economic crisis, decisions will have to be made. These men will be helping to make the decisions. This is why I am against the health care plan. Based on their own thoughts and beliefs, how do you believe these men will allocate scarce resources? Is that a risk you are willing to take? If not, become informed and start speaking out.

1 comments:

Mary Decker said...

Well said! I was not a fan of this idea for so many reassons. But after reading this...... it really is just plan evil. YICKS. We are really in for it!