Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cash for Clunkers

Tuesday night my wife and I got the kids to bed then fired up the DVR to watch that day’s episode of the Glenn Beck show. I have to admit, I was more inclined to go get some sleep so I was halfheartedly watching the show. I had also already heard Beck’s rants on the radio earlier in the day. Yet, as I watched him piece together what the now famous “Cash for Clunkers” program really represents, I sat in stunned silence. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find the piece online. Beck presents it much better than I can, but I’ll give it a try.

To understand the gravity of this, one must first understand that the Apollo Alliance is ultimately behind the Cash for Clunkers program. I could spend hours explaining Apollo, but I can sum the group up in two words: SOCIAL JUSTICE. What is social justice? Essentially, you take money from someone and give it to someone else. This way, we can all be equal. It doesn’t matter that Joe has worked every day of his adult life to earn his money. Ron, who has been unemployed for the past five years and is waiting for, as he says, the “right opportunity” to come along, lost out in the “birth lottery” and therefore deserves Joe’s money. The pursuit of social justice in America sounds crazy, but I am telling you it is real. Just how much power does Apollo have in the Obama White House? The Apollo Alliance wrote the Stimulus Package and the Cap and Trade Bill. In addition, the community organizing groups, ACORN and SEIU are tied to Apollo. ACORN is well known from the 2008 election and members of SEIU have weekly meetings with Obama regarding the direction of the country. Finally, one of Obama’s 34 czars, Van Jones, was an original founder of Apollo. Jones is a self-professed communist and a huge part of the progressive politics movement in the United States. This progressivism is seeking to create a huge mobilization effort to reorganize society by combining the idea of social justice, with the power of the green (environmental) movement, and labor unions. I know right now you are wondering why Obama is working with a self-professed communist. Albeit scary, that is a whole other discussion. The real focus is that Apollo is hugely influential and makes the concept of a socialist American society very real.

With the bank bailout, the stimulus package, and the overall national deficit, why should one concern themselves with the few billion dollars spent on the Cash for Clunkers program? Because, in Cash for Clunkers the government is redistributing wealth. The program takes money from your tax dollars, gives it to the government, and then the government gives it to someone who can’t afford a new car. As a result, we have social justice because we are taking money from some and giving it to others. Add to this that the billions used in the program act as a second bailout for the auto industry. Finally, why are we all being told that the program is good? Because it cuts emissions, which is good for the environment (and the green movement). So, we have social justice + the auto labor unions that will benefit + the green movement that will benefit. Doesn’t this sound familiar? Yes, it is the socialist, progressivism that Van Jones, the Apollo Alliance, and ultimately Barack Obama are seeking. OH, by the way! Cash for Clunkers was designed by Brian Deese, who is tied to Podesta, who is part of Apollo. Wow, what a coincidence!

I was asked at lunch today why I was so upset by the Cash for Clunkers program. Given all the money spent by our government, why should I worry about such a small program? I care because Cash for Clunkers is the tip of the iceberg. It is representative of the evil that is at the core of the Obama administration. I know that corruption in our government is nothing new. One need only look at the people Clinton and Bush surrounded themselves with. However, Barack Obama says that he wants to fundamentally transform this country. He has put in place the individuals and organizations (Apollo) to do it. Unless we open our eyes and speak out against this change, he will achieve his goal.

0 comments: